Thursday, May 12, 2011


My new solo exhibit, "Botanic Immersion" is now on view at the Vanderbilt University Medical Center Gallery in their main lobby. The exhibit will be on display through August 30.


Vanderbilt Medical Center and their director of cultural enrichment, Donna Glassford, have long been dedicated to healing art in health care. My own focus on healing art began nearly ten years ago with a commission from M.D. Anderson Cancer Research Hospital in Houston, TX. After that I began learning about the growing body of scientific date on the effectiveness of original art in reducing stress in patients, families and health care providers. Over the last eight years I've been commissioned and sold art to numerous medical centers including Northwestern University Medical Center in Chicago and the new Middle Tennessee Medical Center in Murfreesboro.

Please let me know if you have a chance to view the exhibit!  

No comments: