Tuesday, September 20, 2011

In early September my husband and I spent a relaxing week at Amelia Island in Florida, as we do each year. One of my favorite things to do each morning is to grab my camera and tripod just before sunrise and shoot on the beach. This year didn't bring the extreme drama and incredible colors of years past, so I had to make the best of what I had to work with. There were a few mornings that yielded some nice color and interesting cloud formations. Here are a few of my favorites:





On the home front, at Vanderbilt University's request I signed a contract to extend my exhibit, Botanic Immersion, at the VUMC art gallery though January 6, 2012. I'll be adding a new painting to the exhibit in a few weeks and will post some photos then.

4 comments:

Christiane Fortin said...

Lisa it's been a while since I visited your blog sorry about that. Your paintings are so stunning. Congratulations on your development. I truly appreciate your last painting it was worth the wait.

Your vacation pictures are amazing. The colors the water wow it's perfect.

Lisa Ernst said...

Thanks Christiane for visiting my blog and for you your comments. I'm glad you like my new piece, I'm looking forward to adding to the Vanderbilt exhibit.

Baking Ribbons said...

Love your botanical paintings and the bubble photos...they would make great abstract art pics.

Lisa Ernst said...

Thanks Baking Ribbons, I'm currently working on an abstract presentation of the bubbles, but more work to do. I enjoy your blog, BTW.